As residents are already aware of being trapped by traffic in our canyon, due to the more than 1400 commuter students the college has, any additional construction attracting outside events, sports events, extracurricular events and summer camps planned in their proposal, will have adverse effects on traffic and our quality of life in Bundy Canyon.
Impact: Bundy Canyon Residents will experience additional traffic, more noise, more pollution caused by heavy construction trucks and crew driving through our streets during the proposed 24 months of pre-construction.
- An increased Fire Danger as Bundy Canyon is located in the “Very High Fire Hazard Severity Zone” during the worst drought in Los Angeles history.
- Difficulty of access by Fire Fighters and Emergency Service Vehicles throughout the years of preparation and construction is something we cannot afford.
- A larger student enrollment at Mount Saint Mary’s (current enrollment listed at 1,400+ with an MSMU ask of 2,200 total student number projected.
- Additional students mean additional classes, special events held on campus, visitors, staff and supply trucks speeding through our neighborhood at all hours of the day, every day. MSMU proposes evening classes and events as well, lending to limited peace and enjoyment for our residents.
What we need from our residents?
- Get Involved: Only with homeowner involvement, intervention, and tenacity can we mitigate issues affecting our wonderful neighborhood.
- Email Us: Make sure to send us an email to email@example.com and share with us your comments and concerns.
- Stay tuned: We’ll keep you Informed with newsletters and neighborhood get togethers.
- Take action now: Together, we can keep our Bundy Canyon the home we know and love.
- Check out the DEIR Review: Please take a look at what we have done on your behalf in addressing MSMU’s DEIR (Environmental Review) by hiring our fire expert, land use expert, and traffic expert.
Support the Bundy Canyon Association
Sign The Petition
I oppose the Mount St. Mary’s University expansion project due to:
- Additional fire hazard risks.
- Additional Bundy Canyon and Sunset Boulevard traffic.
- Commercialization in a residential neighborhood.
Support the BCA
Bundy Canyon Resident – 49 years
Bundy Canyon Resident – 20 years
S Mih – 15 year Brentwood resident